Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The Call


We got "the call" last night.
Following almost 2 years of off and on preparing for this it happened last night about 10:30.  I had gone to bed early because I was feeling a bit under the weather. My lupus was acting up--not too bad but I was a little extra tired. I took a Trazadone, kissed the hubby and snuggled into my cozy bed around 8:00.

Out of a deep sleep I hear a brring, brrring... My phone.....what time was it??? Seemed like the middle of the night but as I grabbed my phone I noticed that it was only 10:30. What the heck? I didn't recognize the number and I almost didn't answer. Something told me that this might be "the call".....

"Mrs. ____, this is Margaret*. I have a one year old female for placement. Are you interested?"
Fully engergized I jump out of bed, get a really quick confirmation from the hubby and tell her YES, we are ready....

Piddling around the house, I start a load of laundry, catch up on emails and FaceBook and generally just W.A.I.T.

Two-thirty a.m., another call......
"Mrs. ______, we have taken the baby for intake and photos; we should be there in about 30 minutes....just wanted to keep you informed."  Thanks.....

Three-fifteen.... A knock on the door and it's a female CPI with a tiny, blond haired little girl hiding behind her back.  The baby peaked out behind from behind the CPI's back and smiled so big I think my heart, like the grinches, "grew three sizes that day".

Today will be the true day of adjustment.  Right now Oogie is sleeping soundly in her little crib. I watch her breath her little soft baby breaths and realize I know nothing about her, other than she needed us and we were willing.  I'm not sure what the future will hold but I do know Who holds the future. I will pour into this little life the love of Jesus and when the time comes for her to either go home to her biological family or to a new "forever family" we will know we did our part.

Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you.
                                                                     James 1:27



No comments:

Post a Comment