Friday, February 1, 2013

FAQ and other stuff......or what the heck????

Foster(ing)  An obvious word to use in the Title of my Blog
Websters definition: 1.  affording, receiving, or sharing nurture or parental care though not related
by blood or legal ties
2.  to promote the growth or development of
3. to care for or cherish Absolutely!

Shenanigans Basically just a word I like the sound of AND it works perfectly to describe our little ones
Websters definition: 1. high-spirited or mischievous activity (usually plural) Yep! that's a good definition
2. silly Oh yes!!!

The naming of one's blog, it seems, is a very weighty issue.  Although I have kept record through a diary of the old fashioned way (ie. journal and pen), I hadn't taken the leap into the blogging world for one very basic problem....

What to name the blog?

The moniker used must portray the intent and content of the the words, compelling a reader to look further and explore.  (....or do I really care about that?)  After all, the blog in journal form was never meant to be shared.  

As it turns out, I do want to share....at least for anyone interested.  The last year has been an interesting one.  There have been ups and downs for sure.  I have learned a lot about parenting (even after 38 years of being one), I have learned about the legal system, at least in regards to parental rights, and court proceedings.  I have learned all I ever thought I didn't want to know about drugs and the havoc they wreck of people and their families.  I have learned (and am still learning) the fostering system and all the language that goes along with it.  I have learned by trial and error and sometimes by BIG MISTAKES.  I have taken my journal entries and copied them to this format.

If you want to follow our story, come along, I'd love the company.  

For privacy issues I can not use the true names of the children in our care. At first I referred to the "babies" as Baby M and Baby T.  I did this as I couldn't think of any other options.  (goofy me)

Anyway from here forward I will use the pseudonyms of  Missy and Tony.  They are the current children in our care.  "Missy" is 2 years old and "Tony" is her 1 year old brother. They have been in our care for a little over a year now.  Currently their father is incarcerated and their mother is in a residential drug rehab program.



13 People were bringing little children to Jesus for him to place his hands on them, but the disciples rebuked them. 14 When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. 15 Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.” 16 And he took the children in his arms, placed his hands on them and blessed them.        Mathew 10:13-16

No comments:

Post a Comment